Sunday 3 July 2011

Tiong Bahru Pau





People's Park Complex Food Center
Address
32 New Market Road, 050032

It was about six years ago together with my poly friends (yanjun, cabin, brian, yibin) and I did a food race. One of the food point was Tiong Bahru bao (the original shop house store at Tiong Bahru). I was not fascinated with bao at all and this was because I had not tried Tiong Bahru bao. The first bao we ordered that hot afternoon was 'Tau Pau' (big bao) and we were warned that it was very hot inside. We were mentally prepared but did not expect that the bao was actually quite soupy. The first bite splattered much of the gravy onto our mouth and it tasted heavenly.







Today, they had opened up a few outlets in Singapore. We stumbled upon one at People's Park FC and I ordered the same old tau bao ($1.50) again without any hesitation. I must admit that it was not as good as i recalled, but still good. Mel love it at first bite, but of course I am confident that she would love every single food i recommend. The store lady owner was nice and friendly, she talked to us and allowed us to take a picture of the store.

For those who do not fancy the good old bao, try this. I heard the char siew bao was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...